At 2:15

 


The sun shines bright, just west of high
There's crisp cold air, and bright blue sky
The blue jays and the cardinals cry
While eating seeds on snow that lie

The freezing temp, I breathe in deep
And wonder where they all do sleep
While some on top of drifts do creep
The willows branches bare still weep

At 2:15 my eyes do lay
On glow white fields, I look and pray
While stillness steals the heart of day
And in the present I shall stay

And the moments come, and then they go
The winter breeze begins to blow
The forest bare of leaves I know
But quiet life inside still grow

Throughout the vast cold outdoor air
The chimneys smoke spreads everywhere
Through snow so deep, I tread with care
And make my way back toward the stair

I turn and gander, one last time
This winter day is so sublime
I'll plan to return again sometime
Before the temp begins to climb


Popular posts from this blog

One Thought Away

Overcome

For Makenna