Overcome

 


Overcome

 

I take a sip, it’s smooth, it’s warm
Then the window steals my thoughts
Completely lost in the wretched storm
The songbirds have been caught

 

Though not surprised, my cup in hand
Shaking like torrential breeze
Like strokes of lightening upon the land
Illuminating ease

 

I spill a little, stain my sleeve of white
Burning thoughts into my skin
The sun no longer, clouds dark as night
The rain begins to win

 

I close my eyes, to ten, inhale
Then presence takes its place
The air smells sweet, no longer stale
Calm thoughts in my headspace

 

The heavy rain like music sings
I sit back now mollified
The storms exist as little things
Answers come from deep inside

 

And so, I drink my cup of tea
Songbirds are now released
Each moment like leaves upon a tree
Blusterous, and then find peace


Popular posts from this blog

One Thought Away

For Makenna