The Visit

 


The Visit

The blue - green hues play gently 
against the absence of fair springtime skies,
While the cardinal arrives and sings its melodic songs as he softly sits 
on the brawny limb of the pink blossoming crab apple tree.
Your welcome presence, however fleeting, breathes only 
a harmonious tranquility completing my souls longing.
A celebration of reflective thoughts fills every space as our acquainting spirits intertwine.
The brilliance of your luminous light conquers my very being 
as my heart feels the ubiquity of your ephemeral visit.
I have seen you in my dreams and listened intently as the sweet serenity 
of your voice appears with calming words.
And, then, with a wink and a smile, 
your wings peacefully carry you away to the white cotton sky 
and leaves me in blessed contentment. 

Until we meet again.


CNK 

Popular posts from this blog

One Thought Away

Overcome

Unicorn